Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I never thought the day would come, but it has.

I have always kind of looked over this passage of scripture.

Matthew 10:21-23 Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death, All men will hate you because of me, but he who stand firm to the end will be saved. When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

I have never looked deeply into that scriputre until now. I never thought my own family would persecute me for being a Christian. I have heard that I am a hypocrite, that my church is a cult, that I am not a man. Jesus says in this scripture that when you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I never thought I would have to flee from my family, but I have to follow Jesus and not a man or woman on this world. I'm not perfect, but I am forgiven.

I don't know who all reads this other than my family but whatever the world throws at you, stay true to Jesus, follow Him and read His Word. He will put you where He wants you, if you let Him. He has stayed faithful to us, so please to all of those who follow Jesus, stay faithful to Him.

2 comments:

  1. Lets see if you keep this comment up on your blog.

    For me, a Christian practices what they preach. You and your wife have treated your mother like a piece of trash, but, that is okay. It is all her fault according to you. She has provided you and your family with a roof over your heads, heat, and food and you have shown her no appreciation what so ever.

    That my dear nephew, is why you have been called a hypocrite. Look it up in the dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just because you can quote the bible scriptures doesnt make you a christian, you have to live the christian life. Anyone can claim to be a christian but if you dont follow his word then you are no more a christian than an aethiest is. The bible says to honor thy mother and father and from what i can tell you only honor your father. Disrespecting someone who gave you life and took care of you and put a roof over your head and fed you food in my book is not being a christian. When you let others disrespect your parents that is not christian either you need to read you bible more often and you would see that you are no more a christian than my dog is.

    ReplyDelete