Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Service at Adventure Life Church

Ok, I don't really know where to begin about last nights Easter Service. I do know that we had been planning things for at least a week. I had a setlist planned for worship, Johnny had a message planned along with some other interactive things, and Easter was going to go off perfect. Right? Well, it did go off perfect, but it happened God's way, not ours.

We were about three songs in to our worship set and all of a sudden the power goes out. So without missing a beat, we ended the song we were on and went into Amazing Grace my Chains are gone, no mics, not amps, no keyboard, just an acoustic guitar and our voices. It was AMAZING.....after we ended that song, Paula Cox came up, she is our pastors wife. She said keep playing that song, so I picked the strings in the background while she shared what God laid on her heart during that song, then we sing another chorus. Then our Student Pastor Brandon Higgins got up and shared what was on his heart, then we sang another song, then I shared what was on my heart. After this happened, Johnny came up, shared some things that were on his heart and told us what was about to take place. He had three tables set up. One table had a basket on it. That was for our offering. If we had an offering we put it in and prayed over it. We did this by families. On the next table was the word of God. Each family took turns praying over the Word that we would be obedient to the Word and live it out by our actions, at the last table we prayed and took communion. We did all of this in the dark, and the only light we had was the soft glow from outside shining in the big windows. While families were praying Josh shared something that was on his heart as well as Terry. After Terry finished the worship team gathered at the front and sang songs while people were praying. God let that service happen His way and for me, the song Heart of Worship rang so loud and true in my heart. God was speaking to me last night. I am so thankful He allowed me to be a part of it all.

Even though it was dark in that room, it was as bright as it has ever been, because God was there and in Him there is no darkness. I wish you all could have been there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment