Friday, December 11, 2009

From the Inside Out

This is my first attempt to start a blog. Basically this blog will be about my thoughts as I am on this journey of following after Jesus. I am the Worship Pastor at Adventure Life Church in Saltillo, Mississippi and our moto or slogan if you will is F.A.J.I.T.A. Not only do most of us like to eat Fajitas it also means Following After Jesus Is The Adventure. I have learned that this is true. Following after Jesus is a true adventure. The Bible calls us to be holy because Jesus is holy. I started thinking about how to be holy. One way I have thought about that would help me in my journey to be holy is worship. Worship has to come from from the inside out, not the outside in. Anyone can make themselves look good on the outside but we have to truly worship a risen Savior from the inside with all of our mind , body and spirit. When we worship God from the inside out then our lifestyle and our actions will show a life of holiness. When we truly seek adn follow after Jesus we worship him and are obedient to him then we are striving to be holy. It's an interesting thing for me to think about. I don't want to just look like a Christian, I want to act like a Christian. So I hope anyone that reads this will see that worship starts on the inside, being obedient starts on the inside and truly following after Jesus starts on the inside. So lets start worshiping our God and being obedient to Him remembering that is starts from the inside and moves outward. Let your lights shine bright and do not be a stumbling block for another.

No comments:

Post a Comment