Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Our Plans, Or His?

I was reading today in Proverbs chapter 16 and it seemed that God really wanted me to get this point. We can choose to live how we want to live, we can do the things we want to do, we can make plans to do different things, but God will basically put us where he wants us. 16:2 says "All a man's ways seem right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the motives." So to me something can seem right but in God's eyes it may not be. If I am doing something that displeases God then obviously it's a sin, and with that sin comes conviction. So I will see what I thought was right, ultimately in Gods eyes was not.

The same could be said with verse 9 in chapter 16 of Proverbs. Verse 9 says this " A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord determines his steps." This is telling me two things. In my heart I can plan things, what I want to do, where I want to go, etc... but just as I mentioned earlier God will ultimately determine my steps. Now, this is also telling me that I might even go down my own path for a while until God brings me back. Again, this all comes back to conviction. So whether it is now or later eventually God will put me on His path and not my own. My motives will be His motives. My plans will be His plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment